Saturday 25 May 2013

Summer Project (SP)

I have been working on my plan for a Summer Project. I want to have something that directs my attention and activity in a period that is less structured and has a lot of distractions: gardening, travel, just being out of doors, etc. Because colour is my prime motivator, I thought I would start there. I will focus on one colour, with various combinations, for one month or so. The first colour is blue, especially cerulean blue with black. 

I will take photos.




I will collect related materials. 














 I will paint small paintings. 
7" x 5"

I will look for related content to make books. To broaden how I think and see, I get to copy or riff off of other artwork in any media other than paint. Paintings must be my own creative work. 

This is an inspiration (www.fernworks.org)a double-sized business card picked up at the French Broad Chocolate Lounge (inspiration in itself) in Asheville, NC. 



Ready. Set. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment