My first project was a tunic length top, with stencilling and stitching. I made up the stencil specifically for where I wanted the design to go.
Last week I pulled out what was left in the pile to put together pieces to do a test run on a dress. I used the same top from the tunic, already adjusted from this pattern:
I changed the skirt part by making the front and back be 2 pieces rather than 3, and I added a pocket. The perfect dress really needs a pocket!
front top detail
front bottom detail
back sleeve detail
At this point I was faced with the option of putting little scraps away or making a small item. I decided to make a t-shirt for my grandson. Everything I make for him (so far) has at least one pocket.
It's in the mail to him now. I hope he likes it.