Thursday 23 August 2018

Shaved Beaver: The 40's Swing Coat

I was introduced to this coat on a day I felt I would like to have it. I liked the shape. I liked the fur. 



The original lining had been removed; a black satin lining replacement had been made but not sewn into the coat. My first thought was that the lining should be a colour. 

Fortunately, I took the coat with me to the fabric store because my first ideas - red, purple, or print - were not right for it. I laid colours beside it until it was very clear that I got it right. 




I had a little repair work to do. Adding a hook and eye where one was missing was easy. I also had a mishap involving iron-on pellon that I do not like to describe. 

Here it is finished: 



I added this scarf-like thing because there were short exposed seams on each side that indicated that something had been attached there. This may or may not be the answer.







No comments:

Post a Comment