Friday 10 September 2021

Collection Books

 My grandson likes to collect photos of sports people and the occasional train. He cuts these from the newspaper and glues them into a book. The book is almost full. I set out to make him a new book using only materials I had on hand. Some are recycled and repurposed, others are just from my "stuff." 

The first supply to secure was the paper for pages. I had an old road map atlas (we have replaced it with an up-to-date version). The pages were a nice size even when folded in half. The maps make for a busy background, but as this will be used for collecting photos it should be OK. 

I decided that the book would be stronger if I made it in 2 volumes. I also thought that if he decides to diversify his collection, he will have a ready option for making 2 categories. 

Cheerios boxes and another heavier cardboard box were used, as well as the paper liner from receiving flowers. 

The band of bland looking tape that goes around the spine is glow-in-the-dark tape. You can't go wrong with that!






This is how the book will be used. I am including some fancy tapes in my parcel.




My granddaughter has not developed a particular interest, but clearly she will need a book as well. I used plastic CD/DVD covers acquired years ago for the pages.















No comments:

Post a Comment