Wednesday 8 May 2024

Tiny House Book

 This little book is about 2"x 2" (5cm x 5cm). My grandson wants to make little houses when I visit, and we have made a kind of little house before. I thought this might interest him because he likes to draw small things and the structure is kind of cool. 

I saw versions of this, but not the one-piece-of-paper structure that I came up with. Here's the finished version:







Here is the basic structure. I used a piece of paper that is close to 8" square. 



The fold lines



Cut out the centre square



Start at an open edge and fold up the floor, press the walls together, carry on all around. 



You can see what is a wall and what is a floor. 



Fold it like a book. 

Do all the drawing, colouring and cutting while the paper is still flat. Glue the walls together for stability. Add a cover. 






No comments:

Post a Comment