Friday, 2 October 2020
I had a wool blanket in my cupboard that once belonged to my parents. It had an Eaton's label on it so it had been around for a long while. I have pulled it out before and thought about what I could do with it. Then I toss out the idea and put the blanket back in the cupboard. This week I pulled it out again.
Before starting, I washed it. I was quite willing for there to be some felting. It came out looking pretty much the same as before.
I altered a pattern I have had since the '90's and made a practice piece out of cotton. After making some more alterations, it became the lining. I cut the pieces out of the blanket. I wanted the stripes to go around the bottom of the sleeves, so had to set up the pieces with that in mind.