Wednesday 5 August 2015

So....how long does that take?

Today I decided to try to address the question, "How long did that take?"  This comes up often enough, possibly from a sense that some kind of response is required, and while visual things seem to scare people, everyone has a grasp of time. I slide over the  implications that accompany that question, like, "Wow, you have a lot of spare time."  

This is my real work.

OK, all that aside, today I did a whole section on my lichen project and took photos at 10 minute intervals. To review, this is the project: the circle is nearly 4 feet across.





The space I am going to work on is a circle about 11 1/2 inches in diameter. I shift between my desk, where I do the cutting, and the table where the project is set up.

0 minutes:


My desk, tools at the ready.

10 minutes:


Cutting is started. I am making use of some of the remainder too.

20 minutes:


I have punched out some daisies in 2 shades -- cream and white -- and am now adding the details: holes in some petals and slit petals.

30 minutes:


The details take time. The pile on the left has been done. The pile on the right is what I am working on.

40 minutes:


Ready to start some gluing. Yay!

50 minutes:


Working the edges first. Well, mostly.

1 hour:


Used up most of my cut 'daisies' and have put on the taller fence-like bit.

1 hour 10 minutes:


Back to cutting.

1 hour 20 minutes:


Detailing.

1 hour 30 minutes:



Nearly finished detailing.

1 hour 40 minutes: 


Gluing.

1 hour 50 minutes:


2 hours:


2 hours 10 minutes:


Back to the cutting board.

2 hours 20 minutes:


2 hours 30 minutes:


2 hours 40 minutes:


Finished.
2 hours and 40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment