Monday 3 April 2017

Pairing - 1 (January)

2017 is the year of the scarf project as well as the year I have undertaken to learn something about Islamic geometric design. The proof of this has been presented here. From the beginning I ruminated on how the two might interact. I thought about drawing a geometric design on top of the scarf painting, but my control of the compass being what it is (not impeccable) and my hesitancy to crowd already small paintings held me back. I let the idea ferment for a while. Meanwhile, I learned and practiced more complicated designs. I followed the lesson rules carefully. I made designs with cut paper. Then I had an idea. I could make pairings of paintings with geometric designs; make that slightly liberated geometric designs. Both pieces are the same size (6" x 6"), and share a colour scheme and ambience. 

Once again, January





No comments:

Post a Comment