Saturday 15 February 2020

Yarn-bomb Maple Leaf #7 - Colonia Valdense, Uruguay

This leaf went to Uruguay to help celebrate a wedding. February 1, 2020 was a beautiful sunny day. The wedding was held at the bride's family country 'farm'. We gathered in the evening when the temperature was milder. It was a non-church, non-state wedding with audience participation, about which we had been warned ahead of time. There were contributions of words, poetry, and music. I took my turn close to the end when it was starting to get dark. 

"I am from Canada and I am a knitter, " I said. "Somewhere on the grounds I have attached a maple leaf that I knit to commemorate this celebration. You won't be able to find it this evening, but it will be there for you to find when the light returns. Many congratulations on this beautiful day." 




No comments:

Post a Comment