Wednesday 8 April 2020

The Name For Week 4 - Colour

When self-isolation hit with a sudden revamping of just about everything 4 weeks ago, I felt kind of liberated. I got to some projects I had been putting off and I cleaned. 

The second week of isolation was my birthday week and that required some attention. I followed physical distancing protocols, but took great pleasure in delivering pieces of cake so a few more people could celebrate with me. 

The third week didn't have a name until midweek and then I knew what it was: Daunting. I am worried about my 93 year old Mom who has lots of HomeCare help, but who relies on me to keep her hearing aid batteries changed and do other minor but collectively important things to keep her life running smoothly. I am ticked off that our new roof developed an ice dam. I am furious that our provincial government, despite a pandemic, slashes and burns its way through institutions and social supports. And all it could do outside is snow and be gloomy. 

I went to my studio and pompoms started happening. The most colourful yarns were gathered. I made things.























Pompoms:



Sent to Winnipeg



A knitted flag garland (sent to Winnipeg, different household than pompoms):




And crocheted covers for rocks, making some yarn graffiti to brighten a world that needs cheering up. Four of these rocks have been delivered at the doors of other folks to let them make the choice of destination. I suggested they chose a spot where they walk frequently, but it is really in their hands now. 

I am making an effort to call this week Colour. 





No comments:

Post a Comment