Monday 18 December 2023

2023 Christmas Card

 I have a general operating strategy that encourages me to work with what is at hand. At the moment I have a stack of strips of paper, remnants from the Faerie Book project. 


What could a little folding and gluing produce? My aim was to make something that did not require assembly by the folks who receive these in the mail. My research indicates a stunning lack of viable gluesticks in the homes of the nation. 





The idea behind this year's card is that it behooves us to be open to new ideas.  A retirement in my household will change how we organize our days and what opportunities we can entertain. We can still take pleasure in the ordinary (white petal) days;  we also need to change our thinking to take on new things - the coloured petal days. In a more general way, new thinking --generous, empathetic, and conscious -- could go a long way to change our communities and the world. 







No comments:

Post a Comment